Overdose Awareness Events are on August 27, 2022
This year marks our 5th annual Overdose Awareness Day, a series of events in Northern Colorado. Last year a record 1,557 Coloradans lost their lives to overdose, a staggering 24.15% increase from previous years. These events will bring together community resource organizations, speakers, Naloxone distribution and education, music, food, activities, and shared stories of recovery and remembrance.
Overdose Awareness Events on August 27
Old Town Square, 1 p.m. — 3 p.m.
Stanley Park Osprey Shelter, 10 am. — noon
Pavilion at Lincoln Park, 4 p.m. — 6 p.m.
Rethinking Addiction Conference 2.0
SummitStone Health Partners is partnering with the Health District of Northern Larimer County to offer these free events to our community. Events provide opportunities to connect, learn, and practice, and highlight strategies and resources, offer the chance to celebrate recovery in our community, and help us to identify ways to improve our practice and approach to substance use and mental health services in Northern Colorado.
The 2022 conference is August 22, and topics will include but are not limited to:
- Youth & substance use: early intervention and building communities of care
- Racial trauma & differential practice for Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC)
- Supporting older adults & veterans
- Building peer voice and advocates for recovery
- Rural community engagement
- Non-clinical & alternative response models
- Putting trauma-informed care into practice